Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So what is the last food you made that had you prance around the kitchen and proclaim yourself Kitchen God?

CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS the way my mother made them. I have used her recipe for YEARS and never succeeded in her taste level. FINALLY I was visiting my brother and his family and he asked me to make the dish. Warning him my dumplings would just be dumplings, not that special flavoring Mom always had in them, he said no problem. Amazingly since I had the recipe memorized, I made them and at the table we all took a bite and there it was. My brother's eyes opened wide and filled with tears (our parents were passed 5 years by then) and I jumped up to the amusement of my young niece and nephews and did a hop-hop dance "I did it" while my sister-in-law laughed herself silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment